Skip to main content

Our Eating Adventure-Laguna

 It was almost late for lunch and so we are in a hurry to look for a restaurant to eat. We decided to ask the locals for the best restaurant in town and all of them are pointing us to Arabela. The place is easy to locate as it is just walking distance from all the stores. We were amazed by the interior, and the vast of people lining up to eat. We are so fortunate that we are just 3 in a group so we were seated readily. The restaurant has low ceiling so people who are so tall need to bend themselves a little bit which makes the place unique. The set up of the food in display is also nice and the crew are just as polite and welcoming. If I had an opportunity to come back to Liliw, I would love to dine there again and try all of their dishes. As a pasta lover, it will be a heavens feast.
 I love my ordered drink. This is kiwi and mint drink which is very refreshing in a very hot day. The kiwi sour taste and the hint of coolness from the mint is relaxing. Plus, look how it was so appealing to drink. Kudos to the one who invented the drink, it is so good.
 I ordered pasta with chicken parmigiano. I always love pasta and chicken with cheese in it so this meal is a hit for me. Though I prefer for them to plate this with chicken on top of the pasta. I absolutely love the taste and I want to order more. Unfortunately, the bread is toasted but I like a softer one with just a little toast on the side. The portion of the meal is enough and practical considering the price per meal. It is a great meal for hungry animals as they will be satisfied and relieved after. The pasta is al dente and the tomato is rich and fresh. The chicken is tender and juicy and maches really the cheese in it, very comfort food.
 My friend ordered his chicken and I love the plating. I just forgot the name of the dish but ours is just similar with him with alfalfa garnish on top. The plating makes the dish a hundred dollar worth! I really envy how they had done it. The alfalfa does the trick, I so love it. But looking at the dish, I know my chicken is better as the melted cheese makes it more juicier and appetizing. Price per value, very affordable but with style. I really want to come back for another experience.
 We ate our dinner at Balai Ilocos. It is an old Spanish house and im biased, I like the interiors. but passionate that I was for the design, I still prefer that they made the daybed a little cozier by bringing more the traditional elements of a Filipino home. I was always on the look out on what should be improved for the interiors, my eyes are on feast. Unfortunately, the food is not that bad but not that great also. I guess they still need to improve on the taste and the presentation. The staff said that they are still new so its actually expected. But I know that this restaurant has a great potential in the future. They will cater the upper class soon! 
 I just got their menus from the net. Actually, the price is a little expensive considering the taste. But their signature dish, the beef menudo is delicious. We ordered the buttered mushroom but its a little too salty. But I confess, I loved it cause I love butter and mushrooms.
 Then we went to Calle Arco to have some coffee. I need to go straight ahead to their air conditioned room because im feeling so hot maybe due to summer heat. They had a piano player that night that makes the café cozier. I also noticed a little area that looks like a mini garden which I failed to took pictures but I love the ambiance there. Casual talk while being serenade by a lovely piano will be the entertaining value of the place.
I went on the other side of the room. And it was a bomb, my ultimate French country themed room. I love how they mixed and match the furnitures that blend pretty well with the watermelon red paint. I wish they could have matched the table cloth with a little dainty flower design to pull it off. But its a cheerful and lovely. The solihiya and batibot chairs are adorable. We ordered our coffee and I found it to be ordinary. Its just the overall ambiance that makes the coffee shop great!
 We checked in Pagsanjan Lodge and Summer Resort. We find the resort okayish because the room that we checked in is actually cheaper because its big with 3 beds on it. We just get an ordinary room because we just need some space to sleep as we will continue our trip early in the morning. Extra special is the view of the Pagsanjan river upon waking up. I failed to try their swimming pool because its not on our plan. But they have this pool which mimics a river and it was 8 feet deep! I don't know how to swim so I guess I can spare that experience.
 We had our breakfast in small TAPSI store in Lumban and I will say we enjoyed it so much. My friend ordered the TAPSILOG while I opted for arroz caldo and my beloved tofu on the side. The tapsilog is the typical one but it really is delicious. It was a late breakfast so what can we expect but foods tasting so much better as we took a bite. For a price of a penny, its really worth it.
 My ordered Goto (arroz caldo) and paired it with tofu...my kind of comfort breakfast. I drizzle their special chili garlic oil and its yummy. I want an extra order but my tummy says enough cause I have to reserve some for the rest of the day.
 Though I love tofu, we noticed that the tofu seems to have an after taste, meaning it can be an old stock one. But we never had an stomach upset afterwards so I believe its just good still. Goto and arroz caldo will always be the perfect match.
 We had our lunch at the nearby restaurant of Balai Ilocos, just across the street. Terima Kasih is a restaurant which was an old house converted into one. The price is so cheap that youll get so amazed upon looking at your bill. It will be a family restaurant as this is cheaper compared to the restaurant alongside.

 Their kare kare is so delicious but my only wish is that they limit the sauce. But I like the taste because of plenty of peanut which I dearly love in kare kare dish. This kare kare reminds me of my own. The beef is tender and the vegetables are not overcooked.
The bagoong to go with kare kare is also delicious, not so salty and not so sweet. Just the perfect blend for the kare kare to be appetizing.
 Their sinigang in pinya is not a hit to us because the sweetness in pinya seems to over power our love for a soury traditional sinigang. Beside, maybe our pairing is a little off as I get to taste the other dish than the subtle taste of sinigang. Those who love the traditional sinigang like us will not opt for this type of sinigang,
 The inihaw na liempo tastes so delicious by itself. Unfortunately, we had the kare kare which is enduring to the palette so we overlooked the tenderness and the taste of the pork. But nevertheless I still like it and I will recommend it to go with their vinegar dip.
And all of this comes with an unlimited rice. How can that be cool!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make Me Home No.4

Welcome to Make me Home edition 4. Weve been doing the dining, living and kitchen already and i guess its proper to feature a bedroom as well. This time, i want to feature a bedroom which is so typical to a filipino setting where the bedroom is shared by siblings. It is a common fact that due to limited space and budget, room sharing is an option to a modest family. Though privacy may be a little bit of a problem when sharing a space, intimacy and healthy relationships can be strengthen by sharing a room with someone who are dear to us. This room may be bit of a challenge for me. When i saw the room, i thought, a bed with a pull out will definitely solve the small space problem. But, its kinda ackward for someone to sleep on the pull out right? In fact, sleeping in a pull out is just an option for a sleep overs. It will be greater and even righteous to give a bed to everyone so they can have a space of their own. So i envisioned a "chic retreat style" for this bedroo

The L shaped Sofa

An L shape sofa is a sofa that is literally designed in the shape of an L. It is designed like this for a number of reasons, and is a great choice for many different kinds of living rooms. Many people are buying L shaped sofas these days, in fact, for all of the benefits they offer. So, in case you have not been able to witness these benefits firsthand, here they are! First and foremost, an L shape sofa gives you more actual sitting room than does a regular sofa. Why? Well, because there is simply more of it to sit on! There is the main section (much like a normal couch), then, there is the elbow (a very relaxing spot to sit, I might add..), and the rest of the L on the end...which is usually the size of at least a small loveseat. And since there is so much room on these pieces to sit, you can fit a lot more people onto an L shaped sofa like this than you could on a regular sofa. The next benefit that an L shape sofa gives us is the benefit of being more affordable. Now, at this, you

La Residencia Almar...my home in Dumaguete

This is La Residencia Almar in Dumaguete City where i stayed for six nights. Actually, this is my second time to stay in this hotel because i was here last year. I opted to stay again in this hotel because i love the view in its front and it is smaller than the usual hotel located in Dumaguete. In front of the hotel is the famous Dumaguete Boulevard where a lot of people, local and tourist gather every morning and at night to see the majestic view of the sea. But what makes me desire to stay once again is tits beautiful interior, a Balinese theme which i always love in every home. The nice lighting fixture greeted me as I enter the hotel. This is spectacular especially at night. I love the simple but colorful detail at the base of the chandelier. The nuetral paint, with mostly beige, white and brown accentuated by several niches where an old jars are kept in display, trimmings and wooden pieces makes me think that I am in an old world retreat but never forgetting the asian herit