Skip to main content

House Tour 2013

I happen to have an ample time to do some picture taking of the house as i was home alone during the week. I would like to share to you my humble abode...
This is my dining area. I guess i need to work this out because its still unfinished to me. I know i have to add something to make it more interesting. The chairs should go and to be replaced with a native one and a built ins seating on the side. The table top will remain but the base should also go. I do not intend to replace the lighting fixtures because i love the lights as it gives me more clean look and more japanese look on the space.
This is my small kitchen. I know its a mess but at least this was utilized and used kitchen and not only for display. A lot are going on especially on counter tops but this is all about organizing and housekeeping. I love the cabinetry. My love for orange and greens are evident on the space. It gives a nice citrusy feel to it and color splash to the room.
This is the transition from the living room to the dining room. A small bar cabinet/wine rack separates the room. It gives privacy to the space and yet a good flow of traffic.
This is my living room. Isnt it a cutie? The L-shaped sofa fills the space and a small reading area beside the bar counter adds additional seating on the space. I love the french door beside the living room that serves as a little shoji screen. I love how it separates the room while having a little peak on whats the outside. Open or close, the door makes a statement.
I love the antique candelabra that serves as a post on my bar counter. I added that ornate piece to tie up my love for antique pieces on my counter. The design of the wine counter is more french but adding this ornate piece makes it more traditional and filipino as well.
This is how my living room, kitchen and dining area looks like on the bedroom hallway. The open lay out works its best making the house spacious and not cramped. Notice how updated the kitchen is with a small breakfast counter and how it is being separated in the dining and the living room. This is how the modern lay out of the house is, where the kitchen is right after the main door as this is the most visited part of the house when we get home.
I love the carved wooden artwork with mother of pearl inlay at the side from the local thrift shop. Notice also that the lighting fixtures both on the kitchen and the dining area is fixed on the ceiling while the fixture on the living area pops through. This makes the ceiling more clean and wide.
This is how it looks like upon entering the house.The small living room was filled with just the L-shaped sofa, the small capiz coffee table and the additional seating area on the front of the bar counter. This makes the room easier to entertain as the host have his own seating area as he talked to his guests. The L-shaped corner of the sofa makes it easier for watching tv as it is on front of the entertainment area.
 A little top view. Notice how the lighting gives drama to the space. The lights can be turned off separately giving the owner the freedom to slightly lightened up or dimmed the space. No floor lamps are added as the lights on the ceiling are sufficient to the space.
This is the view from the dining area. The archway leading to the bedrooms are slightly elevated for privacy as this is my request.
I love my own design wine counter. This also serves as a pantry cabinet and buffet table for small gathering. I love how it fits the small space with all the space being utilized. Isnt it gorgeous?
Notice some pottery collections on top of the wine counter which i treasured for so long on everywhere i visit. Some of those are gifts from friends and some are my best buys. In here youll see the main door of the house. Noticeable also is the featured wall as it is in bright orange to break the monotony of a neutral wall paint.
 This is the hallway leading to the three bedrooms and the common powder room. The cabinet at the end of the hallway serves as a display, bookshelf and computer cabinet also. Brown mouldings separates the wall from the ceiling.
 My simple entertainment area where my buddhas are displayed. The two artworks are in greens and oranges also to tie up on the space. Other collectibles are displayed on the cabinet. This also is the home for my favorite movies and albums.
This is the main door and the porch where my statues and my baby Jesus welcome the visitors. I am planning for built in cabinets again here with some display shelves for my santos. The copper colored main door ties up with the kitchen cabinet for a more cohesive look.
This is my small altar on top of my DIY shoe cabinet. I believe a filipino home will never be complete without the altar. The Santos are antique from Pampanga and some are gifts from relatives and friends. The artwork on top is an old buy several years ago and became my inspiration when painting the house.
I love how the altar and my Baby Jesus greets me and my guests upon entering my home. The pendulum clock is my service year gift from the company.
This is a small dining area on the lanai where its nice to have a cup of coffee or tea or even a late morning breakfast. This is where i spent most of my time when im home reading books or even just surfing the net. The mini day bed is so warm and comfty.
This is a small reading area on my lanai. Just sitting here overlooking the lanai is perfect for an afternoon rest or while reading the book or surfing the net. This old solihiya chair is also an antique piece. A tall native floor lamp on its back gives additional lighting at night. A small water feature is also on its side giving a feeling of relaxness and freshness during the day.
The collectibles and other knick nacks are displayed also in the lanai. This table homes gifts from my friends and my store brought items. This also hides the washing area as to focus the attention on the collections. I love the reclining buddha because of its orange color.
My favorite buddha sitting on its throne. Decorated with just two candles on its side, this buddha was purchased in a local thrift shop. The old wine bar is an additional storage for cleaning items and other materials to limit the clutter.
This japanese sofa welcomes everyone to see the japanese garden on the front of the house. The side table sits the chinese buddha, an old jar and plant on the old rice mortar. Arranged on parallel to each other, the japanese sofa is a puzzle to work during assembly.
And now on my private space....what more can i say just that this is simply Filipino....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make Me Home No.4

Welcome to Make me Home edition 4. Weve been doing the dining, living and kitchen already and i guess its proper to feature a bedroom as well. This time, i want to feature a bedroom which is so typical to a filipino setting where the bedroom is shared by siblings. It is a common fact that due to limited space and budget, room sharing is an option to a modest family. Though privacy may be a little bit of a problem when sharing a space, intimacy and healthy relationships can be strengthen by sharing a room with someone who are dear to us. This room may be bit of a challenge for me. When i saw the room, i thought, a bed with a pull out will definitely solve the small space problem. But, its kinda ackward for someone to sleep on the pull out right? In fact, sleeping in a pull out is just an option for a sleep overs. It will be greater and even righteous to give a bed to everyone so they can have a space of their own. So i envisioned a "chic retreat style" for this bedroo

The L shaped Sofa

An L shape sofa is a sofa that is literally designed in the shape of an L. It is designed like this for a number of reasons, and is a great choice for many different kinds of living rooms. Many people are buying L shaped sofas these days, in fact, for all of the benefits they offer. So, in case you have not been able to witness these benefits firsthand, here they are! First and foremost, an L shape sofa gives you more actual sitting room than does a regular sofa. Why? Well, because there is simply more of it to sit on! There is the main section (much like a normal couch), then, there is the elbow (a very relaxing spot to sit, I might add..), and the rest of the L on the end...which is usually the size of at least a small loveseat. And since there is so much room on these pieces to sit, you can fit a lot more people onto an L shaped sofa like this than you could on a regular sofa. The next benefit that an L shape sofa gives us is the benefit of being more affordable. Now, at this, you

La Residencia Almar...my home in Dumaguete

This is La Residencia Almar in Dumaguete City where i stayed for six nights. Actually, this is my second time to stay in this hotel because i was here last year. I opted to stay again in this hotel because i love the view in its front and it is smaller than the usual hotel located in Dumaguete. In front of the hotel is the famous Dumaguete Boulevard where a lot of people, local and tourist gather every morning and at night to see the majestic view of the sea. But what makes me desire to stay once again is tits beautiful interior, a Balinese theme which i always love in every home. The nice lighting fixture greeted me as I enter the hotel. This is spectacular especially at night. I love the simple but colorful detail at the base of the chandelier. The nuetral paint, with mostly beige, white and brown accentuated by several niches where an old jars are kept in display, trimmings and wooden pieces makes me think that I am in an old world retreat but never forgetting the asian herit